Projected Value of Protego-PD™ in NEC
The Efficacy and Value of Protego-PD™ in OA
- More predictable and consistent growth factor concentrations than amniotic fluid19
- Prevents joint inflammation and cartilage breakdown;
- Unique compared to: steroids, HA, PRP and amniotic fluid20-23
- Preclinical in vivo results
- Data on file. Plakous Therapeutics. Winston-Salem, NC.
- Demesmin D, Beall D, Nalamachu S, Witherby J, Rana N. Amniotic fluid as a homologue to synovial fluid: interim analysis of prospective, multi-center outcome observational cohort registry of amniotic fluid treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee. Presented at American Academy of Pain Medicine Annual Meeting; March 2015; National Harbor, MD.
- Vine JB, Apiliprantis AO, Gomoll AH, Farr J. Cryopreserved amniotic suspension for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis. J Knee Surg. 2015;29(6):443-50.
- Tomblyn S, Ma X, Willey JS, Washburn S, Yammani R, Smith TL. An acellular preparation of the post-delivery, term placenta prevents post-traumatic osteoarthritis following multi-ligament and meniscus injury in rats. Presented at MHSRS Annual Meeting; August 2018; Orlando, FL.
- Ma X, Willey JS, Tomblyn S, Yammani R, Washburn S, Smith TL. Effects of a post-delivery placenta disc extract on porcine hyaline cartilage matrix breakdown. Presented at ORS Annual Meeting; March 2018; New Orleans, LA.
- Ma X, Jinnah A, Tomblyn S, Willey JS, Washburn S, Yammani R, Feruson C, Smith T. Effects of post-delivery placenta disc (HPH) on porcine hyaline cartilage matrix. Presented at AAOA Optimizing Clinical Use of Biologics in Orthopaedic Surgery; February 2018; Stanford, CA.
Get in Touch
Get the latest on business and research information.